This training is performed on site and includes everything your staff needs to fully perform anorectal manometry (ARM) testing. The following is included:
Day 1 - The science of ARM and protocol review
- Complete review of ARM theory to provide needed context.
- Review standardized protocols for ARM, including best practices.
- Review of differences required for male and female ARM studies and balloon insertion.
- Discussion of ARM in your clinic and adaptation of protocols and curriculum for your clinic.
- Step-by-step review of ARM equipment configuration to allow for optimal equipment use.
Day 2 - Hands-on learning
- Trainer and your staff jointly perform ARM studies on 4-5 patients.
- Review after each study to reinforce both theory and proper protocols.
- Review of software used to collect and record the ARM data.
- Review of software used to view and interpret the ARM data.
Day 3 - Additional hands-on leaning and complex cases
- Trainer and your staff jointly perform ARM studies on 1-3 additional patients.
- Review after each study to reinforce protocol compliance and data capture.
- Discussion and video review of complex ARM cases that will typically arise. These include: immobile patients, patients with spinal cord injuries, posterior prolapse patients, etc...
- Summary and Conclusion
*Additional days can be added to support larger numbers of staff or multiple locations.
We guarantee your will receive the training they need to be effective. Once your staff completes the training, they will be fully prepared to conduct anorectal manometry studies efficiently by using the best practices they will have learned.
**Due to strains on our trainers and escalating travel costs, anorectal manometry training has been DISCONTINUED at BHN. We do provide trained anorectal manometry nurses on a day-rate bases as an alternative. If you are interested in staffing options click here.